Dessert spoon beans giant with pomegranate and crocus of Kozani
Recipe – Photograph: Panagiotis Beltzinitis
- 1 kg dry lima beans
- 1.2 kg sugar
- 1.2 liters water
- ½ cup mandarin, squeezed
- ½ cup orange, squeezed
- 10 saffron of Kozani
- 15 gr salt
- 2 sticks pelargonium
- ½ pomegranate for the end
– Let the dry lima beans slowly soak in plenty of water from the previous night.
– The next day strain and boil in a lot of salted water for about 1 hour.
– In another saucepan, add all the remaining ingredients and allow them to boil for about 15 minutes.
– Then add the lima beans which have been very well strained.
– Continue boiling for about 20 minutes at low temperature until the syrup is boiled down enough.
– Add pomegranate seeds shortly before the end.
– Take off the fire and fill sterilized jars with our sweet.