Lima beans in the oven “kou tomate skou kasiou”
Authentic, from Vovousa village recipe
Recipe – Photograph: Camilo Nollas
- 500 gr dry lima beans
- 4 tomatoes, thick chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- 150 gr feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
– Let the dry lima beans slowly soak in plenty of water from the previous night.
– The next day, boil the lima beans in slightly salted water until they are tender, but not mushy! Drain and squeeze out excess water.
– In a separate pot, make the sauce. Over medium heat sauté the onion, garlic and pour the tomato. Add salt, ground black pepper and certainly sugar! Once it’s ready, add the parsley.
– Place the lima beans in a glass pan and pour over tomato sauce.
– Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180° C.
– Remove the pan from the oven and immediately add the feta cheese.
– Serve the hot plate with melted feta and drink tsipouro!