Lima beans with boubari Old, from Pelion village recipe
Recipe: Antonis Filippou – Photograph: Takis Tzimas
- 1 sausage approximately 1½ kilos
- ½ kilo dry lima beans
- 2-3 onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- tomato paste
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- red sweet pepper
- chili pepper
– The boubari is a long and thick sausage. It is made with the large intestine, preferably goat's, stuffed with minced meat, chopped liver, sweetbreads, salt, pepper, red sweet pepper and a little chili pepper, several other spices that we like and some rice for pilaf.
– Start with the lima beans that are slowly soaked in plenty of water from the previous night. Drain them and sauté them with olive oil and the onion. Then douse with wine and add water. Add the tomato paste, celery and peppers and leave them to continue boiling in medium heat for one more hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Half an hour before our lima beans are fully boiled, put the boubari in the pot, which in the meantime is circularly rotated.
– The food is finished in the oven (up and down with air at 180 to 200° C) to get more color and “save” the liquids.